Draping for Fashion with Joe Vecchiarelli
Time & Location
About the Event
DRAPING FOR FASHION!
with Joe Vecchiarelli from French European
Monday, September 20, from 9:30am to 5:30pm
Seminar Fee: $129, includes draping kit (bring a sack lunch)
(CLUB 2022 Members Fee: $99)
Join us and Joe Vecchiarelli, the owner of French European Dress Forms, in a fashion draping discovery class. Joe has worked in the fashion industry for over 40 years from sharpening scissors to working in production. He has worked on shows like Dancing with the Stars and The X Factor.
In this workshop discover hands-on why draping is the secret to truly fitting the body and learn good basic draping habits in the process. Learn how to...
- Fit a body form
- Drape a front and back bodice
- Turn muslin into a sloper
- Use different designs of sloper to create different patterns
- Understand & balance the arm hole using neck lines & princess seams at the same time
- Evaluate fit on a body form itself – identifying key fitting points and seeing how to make small tweaks for absolutely perfect fit.
The resulting sloper is what designers use as a foundation for patternmaking with custom-developed pattern blocks.
A deeper understanding of the relationship between body measurements, fit and style will be invaluable to you as well, eliminating confusion & informing your sewing life forever. With all its curves and variables, a bodice sloper that truly fits is an invaluable tool in your sewing practice.
Don’t miss this NEW, EXTRAORDINARY EVENT!
Register TODAY! Seating is limited.
- Draping for Fashion Sept 20$129$1290$0